Today we’re shipping a smaller update to the test server in order to address some recent bugs.
First, we want to talk about two issues from the most recent patch that we’ve already resolved with hotfixes:
- It was discovered that planned server optimizations for Sanhok hadn’t been properly applied, and this was resolved with a hotfix pushed out on July 9th.
- There was also an issue preventing ping-based matchmaking in NA, which we resolved by shipping a hotfix over the weekend. The problem was exacerbated in part by a bug that set the default region to NA for all players (which caused many players to queue up for NA without realizing it).
This test server period will be open in a limited capacity on the following servers to consolidate the smaller matching pool and decrease queue times.
AS – TPP
Solo / Duo / Squad
NA – FPP
Solo / Squad
Below are details of some additional quick fixes we’re shipping with this patch.
- Improved off-road driving performance of the pickup truck.
- The iron sight default zeroing for all SMGs is now 100m.
- The crossbow’s zeroing will always be 25m even with a scope attached.
- The revive bug has been fixed.
- When reviving a team match, in some instances the revive would not complete, even when the time remaining reached 0. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the wrong 4x scope (ACOG) reticle was used on the SLR. A cross type reticle is now used, instead of the chevron.
- Fixed an issue preventing you from being able to aim right away after switching over from the driver’s seat.
- All 20 teams participating at PGI will have their logos displayed on the loading screen
- Added PGI team graffiti to locations across Erangel
- These will be applied to Miramar and Sanhok at a later date.
- Removed the PGI regional qualifier graffiti
There’s one other bugfix which we’ll also ship before this update comes to live servers: It has to do with an issue that’s sometimes preventing players from being able to revive their teammates. This bug was unfortunately introduced because of new code related to revivals that helps us better detect certain cheats. We generally don’t mention changes of this nature in the patch notes because we don’t want to give away too much information to cheaters.
Finally, after receiving a lot of feedback from players who love Sanhok, we’re also going to turn on MMR matchmaking for the map on live servers
soon. We agree with the feedback we’ve received from many of you that this will make the map a more meaningful and competitive experience.
MMR based matchmaking is now active on Sanhok.
A NOTE FROM THE TEAM
Our goal is to always work to give you a better battle royale experience. To do that, we know that we have to ship more performance improvements and additional bug fixes. We agree with the criticisms of the game that many of you have made recently, including comments that our efforts need to be more effective and that the game still needs more improvement. We greatly appreciate this feedback and we know that all of it comes from a place of support and love for PUBG.
Right now we’re developing new plans to resolve various problems facing PUBG, prioritizing server performance, client-side performance, anti-cheat, and bugs. While we’ll continue shipping new content and preparing for PGI over the next few weeks, we intend to have more concrete info to share about these plans shortly after PGI is over. Our dev team is doing their best to make sure that our plans are well-laid out so we can announce meaningful and detailed changes.
We love PUBG as much as you do, and we’ll continue doing everything possible to improve the game.
Thanks for playing,
Your friends at PUBG Corp.