Metal Rain is returning to PUBG in this week’s event mode! As before, players will be able to call either an armored UAZ or a special care package by using flare guns found throughout the map. Gather your friends or join a random group of 8 and battle it out for control of the airdrops in this all-out battle for superior firepower!
We’ve improved the mode’s UI so players get a visual displaying which drop the flare gun will call in their current location and how many of each drop remain. This can be seen in the Map screen (M by default). Once the flare gun is fired, it will be marked on the map so that players can easily find where the care package drop point is.
STARTS: July 19, 7pm PDT / July 20, 4am CEST / July 20, 11am KST
ENDS: July 22, 7pm PDT / July 23, 4am CEST / July 23, 11am KST
8-Man Squads on Erangel (All Regions)
NA/EU/AS : TPP & FPP
KR/JP/SEA/OC/SA : TPP
FLARE GUN RULES
- Flare guns spawn randomly alongside normal loot locations (flare gun spawn spots are no longer fixed)
- When shot inside the safe zone (white circle), special care packages will be dropped
- When shot outside the safe zone, a special vehicle—the armored UAZ—will be dropped
OTHER EVENT RULES
- This mode is limited to eight-man squads on Erangel, and you can invite up to seven friends.
- Auto-matching can be turned on or off (you don’t have to play as a full squad of eight if you don’t want to)
- The mode is limited to 96 maximum players (12 teams of eight players)
- Redzone is enabled
- Regular care package drops are enabled
- Killer spectating is enabled
- Bluezone rules are the same as standard public match settings
- Dynamic weather is enabled
- Friendly fire is disabled