“FIX THE GAME.”
This is a phrase we’ve been hearing a lot lately. Since we released PUBG as an Early Access game last year, the game has grown exponentially, and we’ve been fortunate enough to have millions of incredibly passionate players like you. However, we haven’t always been able to meet your expectations. Simply put, the game still has many unresolved issues.
The bottom line is, you’re the reason for our success. You’ve stuck with us, and now it’s time for us to deliver the fixes you’ve been asking for.
That’s why today we’re announcing a new campaign called “FIX PUBG.” For the duration of the campaign, we’ll be entirely focused on addressing problems with the game, including bugs, long-needed quality-of-life improvements, and fundamental performance improvements. Throughout this campaign we’ll share specifics about what we’re working on and the expected time it’ll take to address the issues. Then we’ll deliver on our promises.
FIRST THINGS FIRST
To kick things off right, we’re beginning the FIX PUBG campaign with a patch that hits live servers today. It includes several fixes and quality-of-life improvements that you’ve been asking for:
- Limb penetration will be implemented (if a player model’s hands or limbs are blocking a more vital area, bullets will now deal full damage for that area).
- Graphics “sharpening” will be added as separate toggle in the settings.
- You’ll be able to mute individual teammates while in-game.
- Quality-of-life improvements are coming to colorblind mode.
- Quality-of-life improvements are also coming to loot stack splitting (more control).
- Vehicle sounds will be reduced when driving in first-person perspective.
- You’ll be able to adjust your FPS cap (including by setting it to “uncapped”). [*]You’ll also be able to set your in-game FPS cap and lobby FPS cap separately.
Many of the improvements we’ll be making to the PC version will naturally be carried over to the Xbox version of the game as well. We’re committed to fixing problems for all our players.
FIX PUBG WILL CONTINUE
Of course, our dedication to improving PUBG will continue, even after the FIX PUBG campaign is over. For more info on upcoming changes, check out the FIX PUBG microsite. We’ll be updating it regularly as the campaign progresses.
As always, we are humbled by your passion and dedication. Thank you for all your feedback and reports. We’re looking forward to crushing these bugs and continuing to improve the game however we can.
–The PUBG Team