Mark your calendars for September 4, 2018: The Xbox 1.0 Launch is officially on the horizon!
After 9 months of active development alongside our passionate community, PUBG on Xbox is leaving the Game Preview phase and going into Full Product Release.
What does this mean for our players?
Well, for one, we’re adding in a TON of new content that so many of our players have been asking for:
- New Map: Sanhok
- Inspired by the islands across Southeast Asia, Sanhok is a 4×4 compact battleground. Along with the new map, we will introduce all-new weapons and vehicles for our players to enjoy.
- New Mode: War Mode
- War Mode is a deathmatch-style gaming experience where players hunt each other in a static zone, respawning in planes that intermittently fly by if you’re killed. Teams get points for knockdowns, kills, and for reviving teammates, and the team that reaches the points goal, or has the highest points when the match timer ends, wins the battle.
- War Mode will only be available on select weekends and as standalone events. The first War Mode matches will start in mid September, so stay tuned for more news!
- Achievements are officially being added to the game with the 1.0 launch.
- The introduction of in-game currency to purchase cosmetics.
- Event Pass: Sanhok, which will allow players to earn tons of permanent rewards through missions and leveling up.
We will share more details about these products and some of the other cool content you’ll be able to unlock closer to 1.0 launch.
The above is just a quick overview of the new content you can expect in 1.0. We’ll have more videos and articles in the coming days to take you in-depth and prepare you for what’s to come.
And last but not least… is it truly a launch celebration without free skins?!
As a thank you those who have supported us the last 9 months, we have an upcoming event planned to give away some exciting, exclusive skins. The event is specifically for our Game Preview players, and we’ll share more news soon on how to redeem your rewards.
Starting September 4, all current players from Game Preview and new players who purchase the game digitally will receive the Xbox #1.0 Set.
Xbox #1.0 Set
And to celebrate the full product release of PUBG’s retail disc version, players who purchase the disc version will receive the Xbox #1.0/99 Set, an exclusive collection of clothing and accessories inspired by Xbox brand colors.
Xbox #1.0/99 Set
We’re also excited to announce the Xbox Wireless Controller – PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Limited Edition, which is available for pre-order beginning today and starts shipping to retailers worldwide on Oct. 30 for $69.99 USD. The controller will ship with exclusive DLC themed on the controller design – we will share more details about this in the weeks to come.
From the bottom of our hearts, we’d like to thank everyone who has supported and stuck by us for the last 9 months. We are so proud to be building our game with our players and could not have come this far without you. Here’s to more chicken dinners in 1.0!
PUBG Xbox Team