Today we’re announcing something a little different for this week’s event mode. We’ve been gathering your feedback on the Flare Gun over the course of a few events and we’re finally ready to give it a proper test in a real environment to see if it fits within the normal PUBG atmosphere and make sure everything works properly.
This event mode will mimic normal squad games, except that there will be a rare chance for the Flare Gun to spawn alongside normal loot. The goal here is to basically beta test the Flare Gun as normal PUBG loot with the intention to add it as a rare drop to normal games once the test concludes. As always, your feedback is essential to this process, so be sure to stop by our official forum thread and let us know your thoughts.
You can also check out our video below to learn more about this test.
STARTS: Sep 20, 7pm PDT / Sep 21, 4am CEST / Sep 21, 11am KST
ENDS: Sep 30, 7pm PDT / Oct 1, 4am CEST / Oct 1, 11am KST
- 4-man squads on Erangel (All Regions)
- NA/EU/AS: TPP & FPP
- KR/JP/SEA/OC/SA: TPP
- Squads of four players will fight on Erangel
- Flare Guns will spawn randomly all over the map, but are very rare.
- A plane will drop a special care package if the flare is fired inside the safe zone.
- A plane will drop a special vehicle if the flare is fired outside the safe zone.
- An icon on the map will show all players the location where a special care package has dropped.
OTHER EVENT RULES
- 4-person squads only. Auto-matching is switchable to On/Off
- Weather is set to Sunny
- Red zones are enabled
- General care packages are enabled
- Killer Spectating is enabled
- Friendly fire is enabled
- Players can use throwables while riding in an armored UAZ