Update #24 is now live!
Additional patch updates have been added to the bottom of the page.
Most recent update – 01/08/2019
Winter has arrived. With Update #24, we’re debuting something we’ve been eager to share with you for months; our new 6×6 snow-themed map, Vikendi! An isolated Northern resort island in the shadow of Mount Kreznic, Vikendi was home to a wide variety of attractions, businesses, and villages. Look to the future from the spacecraft launch site Cosmodrome or travel back to the past and walk with the giants at the prehistoric Dino Park. Visit the aging Castle or take a tour of the winery. Vikendi is as beautiful as it is dangerous and Survivors treading these bitter cold lands will have to watch their backs even more closely as the fresh snow is perfect for leaving behind footprints! The days are long on Vikendi, but it won’t be long before the sun sets and the auroras fill the moonlit skies.
We feel Vikendi is a mixture of all the best parts of our previous maps and we can’t wait to hear your feedback. But that’s not everything coming in this patch! We’re also introducing two brand new items exclusive to the map; the G36C Assault Rifle (which replaces the SCAR on Vikendi) and the Snowmobile to navigate its icy terrain. We’ve also completed an overhaul to our in-game replay system, putting you in the director’s chair to edit clips, create 3D camera movements, and export your work so show the world your best PUBG productions! Coming later in the patch is our overhaul to the Parachuting system, which allows you to glide or dive during freefall, improves animations, and also lets you cut your chute before hitting the ground.
As always, your feedback is essential to our continued development and we especially need your input at times like these. Once you’ve played the map, please take the time to let us know what you think on our Official Forums or Reddit. We know you’ve waited a long time for this map, so without further ado, onto the patch notes!
Vikendi is not yet available in custom matches but will be available in an upcoming update.
NEW MAP – VIKENDI
- Vikendi is 6x6km map. The gameplay of Vikendi is quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but offers an arguably more tactical experience than Sanhok.
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow or icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain is slow and you lose more general vehicle control as you speed up
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will appear as players travel in snow-covered areas. Keep an eye out! These are great to help identify if enemies have passed by recently
- Keep in mind that footprints and tracks in the snow don’t stay around forever!
- Temporarily removed the feature that allows you to inspect your weapon by pressing the ‘J’ key.
- Added the Vikendi trailer to the game launch intro.
- The center of the red zone spawns outside of the play zone
- The smaller the play zone, the smaller the red zone
- The first circle of every game is much smaller than other maps, but subsequent circle sizes change less drastically.
- This facilitates more blue zone variety and unique experiences.
- Similar strategies work on Vikendi to Erangel and Miramar for the first three phases, but the zones will close slower starting from phase 4, similar to Sahnok. We feel this leads to a good balance between strategy and gunplay throughout the duration of each match
Item Spawn Balance
- The overall item spawn rate is at a midpoint between our maps – offering a unique place between the spawn rates of Erangel and Sahnok.
- Level 3 helmets spawn in the world
- Level 3 vests spawn more often than other maps
- Smoke Grenades are spawned at a higher rate compared to other throwables
Survivor Pass: Vikendi
The official Survivor Pass: Vikendi microsite is now live, check it out!
- Added Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- The duration of the pass is 10 weeks.
- Players have the opportunity to complete missions and receive rewards throughout the duration of the pass.
- Two types of passes are available:
- Survivor Pass: Vikendi – Provides missions and rewards to unlock for all players, as they level-up the pass.
- Premium Pass – Provides special missions and exclusive rewards to players who’ve purchased the premium pass, as they level-up the pass.
- The Premium Pass is purchasable for $9.99 (price may vary slightly depending on your region)
- Each level you can claim rewards from Survivor Pass: Vikendi in the Rewards tab and also claim Coupons by clicking on the ‘Drop In Supply’ button.
- Coupons can be used to unlock exclusive rewards, read on for more details
- You can view your current mission lists in the ‘Missions’ tab and can also check the mission lists in-game by clicking ‘P’ prior to jumping out of the plane
- There are 5 mission types available to complete
- Daily Missions: 3 missions will be provided every day. You swap out up to 1 mission per day.
- Weekly Missions: 10 missions will be available every week, and you can view the missions for specific weeks.
- Premium Pass holders can complete up to 10 missions per week and all players with Survivor Pass: Vikendi can complete up to 4 missions.
- Beginner Missions: Easy missions which are provided for beginner players.
- Premium Missions: All players can complete these missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
- Challenge Missions: Theses are special missions provided for players who’ve completed all their weekly missions in a specific week. It contains more challenging and advanced missions.
- All players can complete Challenge Missions, but only players who have the Premium Pass can claim rewards after completion.
Added ‘Coupon’ system in Survivor Pass: Vikendi
- You can claim Coupons (Blue, Yellow and White) each level, which you can then use to unlock exclusive items in the Coupon Shop.
- The existing Survival Rewards system will be integrated with Survivor Pass: Vikendi on December 19th.
- We have integrated the existing Survival Rewards system into Survivor Pass: Vikendi in order to reflect feedback from the players regarding temporary items and duplicate rewards.
- Existing Survival Rewards system will be closed on December 19, 2018 and all existing supply missions will end.
- Make sure to click ‘Claim’ and ‘Drop In Supply’ to redeem rewards before the system is closed.
- A banner in lobby will display remaining time for the Survival Rewards system.
New Weapon: G36C
Added a new AR – G36C
- G36C spawns only in Vikendi
- Chambered for 5.56mm ammo, it can load 30 bullets and 40 with an Extended Magazine
- G36C has a lower and upper rail for attachments, but cannot attach a stock
New Vehicle: Snowmobile
Added a new vehicle – Snowmobile
- The Snowmobile only spawns in Vikendi
- It seats 2 players and performs much better than other vehicles on snow and ice, but is more difficult to drive on other terrain.
Added a Replay editor system
- This system allows you to create dynamic video clips with creative camera angles and special effects using your replay files
- You can also create 3D paths for the camera and camera angles and export clips
- Guide & Tutorial of the replay editor system will be updated later.
- Improved the character animations used in the air.
- Character movements are much more fluid and have been improved to be more realistic.
Parachute System Overhaul
Please share your feedback regarding the parachuting changes!
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] now puts you into a dive at full speed straight down towards the ground
- Turning speed is now much faster and has increased control, responsiveness, and precision
- Added new freefall animations and increased overall control and responsiveness
- Holding SPRINT [Default SHIFT] helps you drop faster and land quicker
- Holding WALK [Default LCTRL] lets you glide, when you want to travel a longer distance
You can now cut the parachute while relatively close to the ground, while still moving through the air.
- This can be used to strategically to get to your drop point faster, but be careful, as you can take damage if you drop too far
- Added new landing animations
- The speed in which you land matters, as landing too fast may force your character to roll, or roll for longer, before you can gain full control of your movement
- Colliding with buildings or objects while parachuting will now automatically cut your parachute. Be careful!
- The parachute no longer disappears instantly after landing
- Improved blood hit effects
- Improved the visuals of blood particles when players are shot.
- Improved the visuals of blood effects that appear on screen when shot by other players.
- Slightly decreased the maximum number of shots possible to fire per second with the M16A4
- The reason for this change was due to the fire-rate of burst mode for the M16A4 being unintentionally slower than single fire shot rapidly
- We are planning to have a weapon balance patch in the first half of 2019. Please continue to share your feedback with us regarding weapon balance
- Adjusted the sight position to be closer to the muzzle for some weapons
- In a future update, we will be adding a new attachment which will require this new sight position, so we’ve made the change in advance to help players adjust to the change
- There is no change to weapon recoil, but weapon control may be perceived differently due to the sight location change
- Players now receive damage from Molotovs that hit their vehicle
- Molotovs that hit around the vehicle, or when driven through an already-exploded molotov will not damage those inside
Survival Title System (Season 2 Beta)
- Changed Season 1 Beta Rank system to Season 2 Beta Survival Title System.
- For more information, please check the Dev Letter (Introducing our new Beta Season 2 Title System) released on Dec 5.
- Season 1 Beta has ended and the Survival Title System (Season 2 Beta) will begin in 1 week.
- No RP will be gained during the grace period between seasons, although career stats will continue to be tracked.
- Changed the overall lobby theme in celebration of our latest map – Vikendi
- Applied the snowfield environment theme
- Applied a snowing effect
- Changed the background music
- Improved the Store feature
- Added additional sorting features to sort by Featured, Newest, Price High to Low, Price Low to High
- When you preview items in the store, only the selected item to be previewed will be displayed on your character. All items equipped in your wardrobe will be unequipped.
- If you preview a helmet skin, makeup or other items covering the face, all other items equipped on the head will be unequipped
- Combined the ‘Career’ and ‘Leaderboard’ menu in Statistics into a ‘Season’ menu
- Added On/Off option keybind for the on-screen key guide
- You can toggle the on-screen key guide by pressing ALT+K
- You can change the default setting for this feature in the settings under the Gameplay tab
Play Menu UI Renewal
Improved the map and game-mode selection interface
- Additional queuing information is now displayed for the selected match type.
- If the matching pool in your region has sufficient players for healthy matchmaking, the expected wait time will be displayed for the selected match type.
- When the matching pool in your region doesn’t have enough players for healthy matchmaking, an accurate estimated waiting time cannot be provided and the number of players currently queuing will be displayed instead.
- When the concurrent player count for a region is too low to start games consistently in a particular mode, those players will be redirected to their next closest region instead. A message will alert players when this is happening and to expect higher ping than local servers.
- Training mode can now be found under the PLAY menu, next to public match.
- Optimized foliage and vegetation rendering
- Improved CPU performance by optimizing the object creation process
- Improved GPU performance for Medium and Low options by adjusting graphic quality related to the ‘Post Processing’ with those settings (tuned HBAO+)
- Vikendi is not yet available in custom matches but will be available in an upcoming update
- Improved observer UI
- Added a Bullet Tracer On/Off option in the Settings Menu
- This can be found under Settings – Gameplay – Observer – Show Tracer Display
- Use Tracer Team Color – This changes the color of team tracers
- Added new text for when teams are eliminated
- OLD: “X Wiped Out X”
- NEW: “X ANNIHILATED X”
- Added new text when certain kill levels are reached during a game
- Individual Player Kills:
- 5 kills – RAMPAGE
- 10 kills – EXECUTIONER
- 15 kills – MASTERFUL
- 20 kills – CONQUERING
- Total Team Kills:
- 10 kills – KILLING SPREE
- 15 kills – DOMINATING
- 20 kills – UNSTOPPABLE
- When pressing ‘Ctrl + Number’ to assign hotkeys to spectate particular players, the text now displays in the bottom left corner, underneath the team list
- Assigning once will display the number and player
- After assigning multiple times, assigned history will be displayed
- Tags shown above players will now only display up to a 1km distance from the spectator, for better visibility
- When a player has died, a skull icon will now appear in the team list
- Visual improvements have been made to the HP bar
Anti-Cheat & Reporting
- Players banned mid-match from cheating, teaming, teamkiling, etc now have their ban displayed in real-time on the killfeed
- Fixed an issue where each weapon had a different delay between reloading and being able to fire
- Fixed an issue which caused vehicles to sometimes pass through players, when rolling down a hill
- Fixed an issue which prevented the system menu from opening when clicking a specific spot on the button
- Fixed an issue when laying prone right next to a wall, your weapon could move through the wall in FPP
- Fixed an issue when spectating a player who died in Replay Mode, the follow camera stopped working
- Fixed an issue which caused sudden frame drops temporarily when quickly toggling voice/sound options repeatedly
- Fixed an issue that caused the region indicator in-game beneath the health bar to display as “UNKNOWN”
- Region indicator will now not be shown until before the match countdown starts
- Fixed an issue which caused character animations to look unnatural when players were pushed by a vehicle moving down a hill
- Fixed an issue caused after restarting the lobby with ‘Open Crate’ and ‘Preview’ buttons displaying on the left side of the screen in the Store Inventory page
- Fixed an issue which caused the camera to fall into the ground in replay mode after parachuting
- Fixed an issue where the angle of the spectated player’s view was different from that of the player
- Fixed exploits at Castle and Volnova which allowed players to get underneath the map.
- Resolved issue where wire fences were impenetrable by bullets (some chicken wire fences still need to be fixed).
- Resolved minor map issues, including some instances of floating vegetation.
- Fixed an issue which could cause grenades to drop in place, or prevented them from being thrown.
- Disabled vaulting through certain small windows on Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where a character was moved to a free-look direction while free-looking during freefalling.
- Fixed an issue where players appear to still have the parachute equipped after landing.
- Fixed an issue which cause the camera to shake while ADS and moving in a prone position on sloped terrain
- Fixed an issue which caused ammo capacity to display up to 6 decimal places
- Fixed an issue which while spectating could cause the spectated player’s weapon to display in a misaligned position
- Fixed an issue which prevented players with non-default WALK and SPRINT keys from using new parachute mechanics correctly
- Fixed an issue where Survivor Pass: Vikendi mission list was not showing properly when scrolled down using the mouse wheel
- There is an issue which causes the parachuting height in War Mode to be different from before the parachute overhaul
- The UI of the altimeter does not move when freefalling in training mode
- There is an issue that the altimeter doesn’t display correctly while parachuting and the map is open
- Parachuting icons of teammates who have left the plane do not appear next to their name once they exit the plane
01/08/2019 – Additional Bug Fixes Added
- Fixed an issue where the level 3 helmet (Medieval) skin would display the level 2 helmet skin after being dropped.
- Fixed an issue which caused skins in the ‘eyes’ slot to not be visible when wearing specific items.
- All ‘eye’ slot items will be unequipped when used together with a gas mask
- Fixed an issue where weapons would not equip properly after throwing a grenade.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players with throwables equipped to appear barehanded in situations where a player is experiencing high latency.
- Fixed an issue where the animation to equip a weapon occurs, but the weapon remains holstered.
- Fixed an uncommon issue which could cause standing unarmed players to appear to hold a weapon after performing specific actions.
01/01/2019 – Additional Bug Fixes Added
- Fixed a map issue which allowed players to get into an unintended location
- Fixed an issue with weapon inventory images displaying incorrectly after equipping some attachments.
- Fixed an issue that caused PUBG to launch in ‘Fullscreen Windowed’ mode even when set to Fullscreen.
- Fixed an issue that the character animation is stuck shoulder firing (soft-aiming) when pressing ALT and aiming at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where in specific circumstances the mouse cursor would unintentionally be allowed to move to another screen when using dual monitors in Fullscreen mode.
- Fixed an issue where destructible objects including doors would disappear after moving to a different point on the timeline in Replay/Death cam mode.