This is KooSung Jeong, part of the Console Development Team here at PUBG. We hope everyone has had the chance to try out all of the latest content and features in our most recent update from May. Today, we’re excited to give you a look into what you can expect for our upcoming June update.
The next patch is currently scheduled for June 27 PDT and will introduce some highly demanded features to the console experience, including the auto-equipping of scopes, magazines and muzzle attachments, a tactical marker communications system for those players without access to mics, and a new controller layout scheme for better mobility in battle. Vikendi and Erangel will both get loot rebalances and the highly anticipated Weapons Mastery system makes will make its debut on consoles. Additional details for each of these items can be found below:
- Weapon Mastery
- New progression feature in PUBG with unique, awesome, and free rewards
- New avenue for players to improve their weapon skills
- Tactical Marker
- The map now has six marker options to choose from depending on the situation
- Second Erangel Loot Spawn Rebalance
- Increased spawn rate of AR, DMR and SR
- The featured map will be changed to Erangel from Sanhok with the June Update
- Vikendi Loot Spawn Rebalance
- Blue Zone adjustment
- Increased spawn rate of AR, DMR and SR (especially SR)
- Auto Equip Attachments
- We understand that handling attachments with the controller can sometimes be difficult and players would sometimes avoid early combat due to having insufficient time to equip attachments
- To solve for this, we created an auto equip attachment feature to reduce time when equipping needed attachments. Less time in your inventory means more time for battle!
- Controller Preset C
- Like the above auto equip feature, we are focusing on improving overall player experience during battles
- On the controller, leaning is configured to thumbsticks and we understand it can sometimes affect your movement and aim
- Controller Preset C moves the bindings of leaning from the thumbsticks to the bumper buttons, as well as making a number of other suggested changes. More details coming soon!
Specific details and patch notes will be shared as we get closer to patch day, but we hope that this short patch preview gets you hyped for what’s to come!
On that note, we recently announced the Erangel Visual Update, which looks to evolve the map visually and apply some lessons we’ve learned from our more recent maps. You can read all about it in our post here, but our console community can definitely look forward to playing it later this summer.
See you on the battlegrounds,
KooSung + the PUBG Console Team