*Added on August 27 – Erangel building loading and rendering speed improvement under Performance added
*Added on August 23 – Radio Message Option and Rate of Fire Improvement based on FPS sub-sections under Gameplay added
*Edited on August 23 – Survival Title System Season 4 (Preseason) description edited
*Edited on August 22 – [Increased XP Reward] sub-section under [Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath] added
Welcome to Console Update 4.2! Before you jump into the PTS patch notes, be sure to check out our big announcement from our segment on “Inside Xbox” from August 19.
As well as a shortened gap between PC and console content updates, we are thrilled to finally kick off SEASON 4 on console. We hope everyone is excited to test out Cross Network Play in October and we thank you all for the continued support!
We will continue to work hard to provide the best PUBG experience possible to our community.
Now, let’s dive into the patch notes!
PDT: August 21st 7:00PM – August 27th 4:00AM (until live server maintenance is completed)
CEST: August 22nd 4:00AM – August 27th 1:00PM (until live server maintenance is completed)
Live Maintenance Schedule:
PDT: August 26th 10:00PM – August 27th 4:00AM
CEST: August 27th 7:00AM – 1:00PM
To help you try out the SEASON 4 experience, and test out the content on the PTS, the Premium Survivor Pass and 20 Levels will be given to everyone as a login event on the PTS (will not be transferred to live servers). Be sure to activate these rewards in SHOP → MY ITEMS!
What is the PTS (Public Test Server)?
The PTS (Public Test Server) is a separate PUBG server that is free for anyone who already owns a copy of PUBG. The purpose of the test server is not just to provide a preview of upcoming features, but to find the issues and bugs we need to solve as soon as possible. To take part in the test, all you have to do is own a copy of PUBG.
All player data, statistics, etc from the test server will not carry over to your live server account.
You can search and download the “PUBG – Public Test Server” on the Microsoft Store or the ‘My Games and Apps’ menu.
You can find the “PUBG – Public Test Server” in the ‘Purchased’ section of your Library.
Erangel Visual Update
“Everyone is searching for themselves. That search ends here. Welcome to the Battlegrounds.”
Since launch, millions of players have dropped into Erangel to take part in PUBG’s heart-pounding take on Battle Royale. It’s with that same passion that we dove into this visual update with the goal of bringing our most classic map in line with our more recent offerings, all without losing the magic that made it a fan favorite in the first place. From standard complexes to major landmarks like Mylta Power, we’ve improved the graphical quality of Erangel’s various areas and terrains across the board.
There are plenty of secrets to find and updated areas to explore once you drop in, but here’s a quick look at some areas with major updates compared to previous versions of the map:
Various terrain changes
- We’ve updated existing terrain, signage, and buildings and have added a small number of buildings to some areas as well.
- To better illustrate Erangel’s history, terrain elements have been added or revised.
- Trenches, blast marks, camo nets, and abandoned tanks have been added across different areas of the map.
- Added barriers along the shore in some locations.
Overcast Weather added to Erangel
“There’s a side to you that I never knew… and the games you’d play, you would always win. But I set fire, to the rain.”
- ‘Overcast’ weather has been added to Erangel.
- When a match starts with overcast weather on Erangel, the weather will change dynamically over the course of the match between overcast, windy, hail, light rain, heavy rain (rain with lightning and thunder), and fog.
- Destructible pylons and barricades have been added to the map. They can be destroyed by vehicles, weapons and explosions, but do provide a limited amount of cover until they are destroyed.
Survivor Pass 4: Aftermath
“Explore the Battlegrounds like never before!”
Along with the new season comes an all-new Survivor Pass! Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH reveals the past and present of Erangel through skins and items from the island’s broad history. There are over 100 rewards to unlock by completing a variety of missions and leveling up your pass. Brand new to AFTERMATH is the addition of a cooperative mission system where players can work together to complete mission goals and earn rewards. In the process of reducing the update gap between PC and console, the pass duration has been shortened to 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks. To compensate for the reduced pass time, we have increased the amount of XP gained from gameplay and missions by 50%. The mission change system has also been improved, allowing players to use BP to swap out more missions than before.
Pick up Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH today and explore the Battlegrounds like never before!
Survivor Pass Period
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH lasts for 8 weeks, beginning on August 27th after the live maintenance and ending on October 22nd 2am PDT / 11am CEST.
Premium Pass and Level-up Items
- The Survivor Pass and Level-up Items will be available to purchase until October 21st 1am PDT / 10am CEST.
- Level-up items can be purchased in 5, 20, 30, and 50 level amounts and are available in the in-game store.
New Cooperative Mission System
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH has a new cooperative mission system that allows players to work together towards milestones and rewards.
- You can view the mission progression gauge on the mission tab, and receive rewards when each step is completed.
- There are 5 phases in total, each with a unique reward upon completion.
Improved Mission Change System
- You can swap out up to 3 daily missions per day for free. BP can be used to swap out additional daily, or even weekly missions.
- Players who complete all 3 daily missions can use 1,500 BP to get a new set of daily missions to complete.
- When unlocking new rewards, a prompt will now allow you to go directly to the appearance tab by clicking the button in the popup.
Increased XP Reward
- Due to the pass being 4 weeks shorter than the PC version, the amount of XP gained from gameplay and completing missions has increased.
- XP Boost 50% item will be automatically applied when you log-in while the pass is active.
- The amount of XP gained from gameplay is increased by 50%.
- All missions give 50% more XP upon completion.
- XP Boost 50% item will be automatically applied when you log-in while the pass is active.
General Mission Details
- Mission update schedule
- Daily Missions: Reset daily at 02:00 PDT / 11:00 CEST
- Weekly Missions: Reset weekly at 02:00 PDT / 11:00 CEST every Tuesday
- Premium, Season, and Challenge Missions: Available for completion for the duration of PUBG SEASON 4.
- Missions on the PTS will reset every day at 19:00 PDT / 04:00 CEST
- Premium Missions: These are additional missions for those who purchase the Survivor Pass. Rewards are granted upon completion of a set of missions.
- Season Missions: These missions are available throughout the duration of PUBG SEASON 4, with 5 mission sets (2 for free / 3 for pass holders) and grant new rewards.
Survival Title System Season 4 (Preseason)
Survival Title System Season 4 Preseason begins now! For the same reason we’ve changed the numbering of our patch to Update 4.2 instead of Xbox Update #10 / PS4 Update #7, we are skipping Season 3 and jumping right into ‘Season 4’. We want to assure you that Season 2 rewards for console were identical to the Season 3 rewards from PC, so there are no rewards that have been left out from what was available on PC.
Season 4 Preseason will be available for about 1 month, and all SP gained during the Preseason will be transferred once Season 4 officially begins. Also, as a thank you for your kind understanding due to having two weeks of off-season and shorter length of official Season 4, we are giving 1,000 SP to players who achieved a certain milestone during Season 4 Preseason.
- Season 4 Preseason Schedule
- Start: When live update maintenance ends on August 27th
- End: When live update begins on early October
- Survival Point
- SP will be accumulated during Season 4 Preseason, and all SP you have gained will be transferred to Season 4 when it officially begins.
- With the start of Season 4, 1,000 SP will be distributed to all players who achieved above 2,000 SP during Season 4 Preseason.
- Leaderboard & more
- Career stats from Season 4 Preseason will be reset once Season 4 officially begins.
- SP gains have been increased significantly in Erangel, Miramar and Vikendi to make SP earned more fair across all maps with a similar time played.
“Equal opportunity looting.”
For PUBG SEASON 4, we rebalanced many of the game’s weapons and vehicles. The patch includes balance adjustments to not only existing weapons and items, but also our first rebalance on vehicles. As always, we will be listening to feedback on the balancing, so please let us know how the all the changes feel together.
There are a whole lot of changes in this patch, so be sure to check out everything below! Because knowing is about fifty percent of the battle.
Weapon & Item Balance Update
- Increased base damage of Kar98k from 75 to 79.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S12K from 22 to 24.
- Increased per pellet base damage of Sawed-off from 20 to 22.
- Increased per pellet base damage of S686, S1897 from 24 to 26.
- Increased effective damage over distance for all SMGs.
- Slightly increased damage multipliers for SMGs:
- Torso 1.05 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.3 (previously 1.25).
- Increased damage multipliers for Crossbow:
- Torso 1.4 (previously 1.0), Limb 1.2 (previously 0.9).
- ADS zoom for default crossbow sight increased by 3%.
- Laser sight attachment dispersion multiplier for pistols was decreased from 0.5 to 0.3 (non-ads shooting with pistols will now be 70% more accurate when laser is attached).
- Reduced base damage of M24 from 79 to 75.
- Reduced base damage of Beryl M762 from 47 to 46.
- Reduced base damage of AKM and Groza from 49 to 47.
- Reduced base damage of M416, G36, QBZ, SCAR-L and AUG from 43 to 41.
- Reduced maximum bullet travel distance of all shotguns from 1000 m to 150 m.
- Duckbill attachment now distributes bullets vertically instead of horizontally.
- Crossbow will now have a visible tracer following the trajectory of the bolt for easier aiming.
- Added top rail to Uzi to allow Red Dot and Holographic Sights attachments.
Vehicle Balance Update
- Improved handling of RWD vehicles (Buggy, Mirado, Rony, Motorbike, Snowbike, Snowmobile, Scooter, Tukshai).
- Regular and three-seater motorbikes stabilization improved.
- Increased maximum speed of Scooter from 90 to 105 kph.
- Greatly improved handling of Buggy and Increased Buggy’s wheels durability by 50%.
- Increased max speed of Buggy from 92/115 to 100/125 kph (no boost/boost).
- Increased HP of UAZ from 900 to 1200.
- Increased HP of Tukshai from 500 to 1000 as well as increased max speed of Tukshai from 70 to 85 kph.
- Decreased HP of Mirado from 1000 to 900.
- All motorbikes will now consume roughly 50% more fuel than before.
- Decreased acceleration and boost multiplier rate for Dacia. Maximum speed will stay the same.
- Dacia and Mirado vehicles speed will now be reduced by around 15% when driving on surfaces like sand, mud, grass, dirt.
- When driving on rocky surface with any vehicle, friction will be decreased by 10% making them more difficult to control.
- Implemented new Buggy and Mirado sounds.
- Visual effect while using boost has been removed and replaced with high RPM engine sounds.
- Improved aiming while inside vehicles to be more steady.
- Improved the FPP camera view inside most vehicles.
- Added auto-acceleration to vehicles (identical to auto-run feature)
- Auto-Acceleration can be activated by double tapping ‘RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4)’ keyjust like auto-run.
- Added “locking” mechanism to BRDM-2.
- Only teammates will be able to enter BRDM-2.
- When all teammates exit the BRDM-2, it will unlock, allowing any player to enter.
- Added Car Audio feature to play preset music while inside a car.
- Only the driver can control this feature.
- Car audio will stay turned on even after players exit the vehicle.
- Turning the audio On/Off while inside a vehicle will play random music every time.
- Use Right key (D-Pad) to play or stop the music,
- Volume of the music is determined by the volume set in Settings – Audio – Gameplay – Gameplay Volume
- Music will stop playing automatically after a full song.
- Music can be stopped by destroying or flooding the vehicle.
Healing and Boost Item Improvements
- Healing and boost items can now be used while moving.
- You’ll be limited to walking speed only.
- Press the use X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) or run/jump keys to cancel healing/boosting.
- Bandages will now be used continuously until the player fully heals to the maximum of 75% health, or runs out of bandages, without the need to manually use bandages multiple times.
- Press the use X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) or run/jump keys to cancel healing.
- First Aid Kits can no longer heal additional damage you receive after the healing starts.
- Previously, if damage was taken after the 2-second healing period had started, any additional damage received would be healed if the total healing amount was still 75% or less.
- Med Kits and Adrenaline Syringes now stack in the inventory, rather than occupying one inventory space per item held.
Visual Effects Improvements
- Optimized and reworked the visuals of the Molotov Cocktail.
- Optimized and improved weapon and vehicle shaders.
- Optimized and improved Frag Grenade explosion effects.
- Different effects will be used depending on the surface the Frag Grenade explodes upon.
- Optimized and differentiated muzzle flash effects for each weapon.
Vehicle Engine Toggle
- Vehicle engines can now be turned off/on by pressing Left key (D-Pad).
- The engine can be turned off while driving, after gaining momentum and can be used for quiet, tactical maneuvers.
- Once the engine is off, pressing RT(Xbox)/R2(PS4) to accelerate or pressing Left key (D-Pad) will start the engine again.
- Vehicle engines will automatically be turned off if the vehicle stays at a standstill for 8 seconds, or 2 seconds after the driver disembarks.
Throwables Friction Adjustment
- Adjusted the friction force of throwables to make rolling movement more consistent and predictable.
- Smoke Grenades
- Friction force has been increased to slow rolling speed and cause them to roll a shorter distance after impacting surfaces.
- Stun Grenades & Frag Grenades
- Friction force has been decreased to speed up the rolling speed and increase distance they can travel after impacting surfaces.
- Smoke Grenades
Improved Visibility of Reticles Against Bright Backgrounds
- Visibility of all sight and scope reticles against bright backgrounds (such as Vikendi snowfields) has been slightly improved.
Erangel Blue Zone Balance Changes
We’re making changes to the Blue Zone on Erangel thanks to player feedback and changes in gameplay since the most recent Erangel rebalance.
- The size of the safe zone in early phases has been reduced.
- Blue Zone waiting time in early and mid-game phases has been reduced.
- Movement speed of the Blue Zone during some mid and late phases has been decreased.
- Blue Zone waiting time for the final phase has been reduced.
Turntable Added to Erangel
- Added a new playable Turntable which can be found across Erangel.
- Turntables are spawned randomly on Erangel. Press the use key X(Xbox)/Square(PS4) to turn the music on/off.
- Turntables can be destroyed, and will not be causing any damage when destroyed.
- Music played on the Turntable can be heard by all nearby players.
- Music will stop playing automatically after one song.
Featured Map (No Change)
- The Featured Map will remain as “Erangel” so that players can experience the Erangel Visual Update.
Radio Message Option
After receiving feedback from the community regarding the Radio Message system, we understand that usability is low and the system is inconvenient to use on console. While we are working to make improvements upon the system, we wanted to give you the option to turn the Radio Message on and off in the meantime. A console-friendly Radio Message system is being worked on which we hope to implement in the near future. Thanks for your feedback!
- Settings – Gameplay – Radio Message option is added.
- You can select between Radio Message and Quick Marker by tuning this option On/Off.
Rate of Fire Improvement based on FPS
- Rate of fire has been improved to be less affected by FPS.
- The amount of bullets fired will remain the same even during instances of frame drops.
“Eye of the hurricane”
Vikendi Ambient Noise Adjustment
- Volume of Vikendi’s ambient wind noise has been reduced.
“A vision of perfect health.”
Adjusted Plane UI
- Plane map UI now resizes dynamically when zooming in the map.
Weapon Mastery UI Improvements
- Improved UI elements such as icons and other aspects of the layout in the Mastery tab.
- The Last Match Report notification at the upper right side of the lobby will no longer show if no Weapon Mastery XP is earned in the last match.
- Time bonus values, which were incorrectly displayed in the match result screen, have been fixed.
Menu background and character rendering
- Effects have been improved to better fit the lobby background.
In-game HUD Improvement
- Helmet and vest health is now better visualized on the UI, along with Backpack capacity.
- Weapon firing mode is now represented visually by icons, instead of text.
- To reduce unnecessary clutter, certain HUD and UI elements are no-longer displayed when waiting to start a match.
- Game version number, server identifier and other information is now located beneath the minimap, instead of the HP bar.
Emote UI Improved
- Wheel size has been reduced, and its location has been moved from the center to the right side of the screen.
- Wheel responsiveness has been improved.
- Removed screen blurring effect around the wheel UI.
- Total emote wheel slots reduced from 12 to 8.
- Map loading speed has been improved.
- Improvements have been made to reduce instances of hitching/stuttering.
- Optimized calculation of character movement outside the player field of view to improve performance.
- Improved loading and rendering speed of buildings on Erangel. (Live Server Only)
Custom Match (Xbox, Live Server Only)
- The spectate feature has been re-enabled and hosts will now be able to spectate custom matches again.
- Please note that this is an interim feature and we are working to add a more stable and robust spectate feature within a few upcoming updates.
Skins & Items (Live Server Only)
- Survivor Pass 4
- Premium Pass
- Level Up coupons
- Survivor Pass 4 coupon shop items
- PUBG – Aftermath Pack
- Survivor Pass 4: AFTERMATH
- 5 Levels
- Punk Destruction skin set (4 pieces)
- Punk Spaulder Leather Jacket (Red)
- Metallic Punk Jeans (Silver)
- Collar Bone Jet Fighter – Helmet (Level 1)
- Metallic Boots (Silver)
- PUBG – Supply Pack: Season 4
- 1,600 G-coin
- Cheerleasder Skin set (4 pieces)
- Shako Cheerleader Hat
- Cheerleader Sweater
- Cheerleader Skirt
- Cheerleader Sneakers
- BP Shoes x 6
- Rabbit Season Set
- Added BattleStat weapon skin
- With a BattleStat weapon skin applied, the number of players killed with that weapon is recorded/displayed on the skin
- HOLD Left (D-Pad) in-game to instantly view the number of kills made with that weapon
- The tag [BATTLESTAT] appears in front of the item’s name, and the number of kills made with that skin can be seen in the weapon skin page’s preview screen as well
- Kills are recorded only when the original owner of the skin is using the skin
- If a player other than the skin’s owner picks up a weapon with the BattleStat weapon skin applied to it, the panel that shows the number of kills will be locked and new kills will not be recorded
- With controller preset A and B, radio messages are only activated by double pressing R-Stick(XBOX)/R3(PS4) (PTS ONLY)
- This issue will be resolved after live maintenance on August 27th
- Fixed an issue where charms would sometimes cause the game to crash (LIVE SERVER ONLY)
- Fixed an issue where map boundary collision could prevent the parachute from deploying.
- Fixed an issue where smoke grenades could float above the ground in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where teammate UI wasn’t displayed correctly in Platoon Mode custom matches. (XBOX ONLY)
- Fixed an issue where Care Packages could fall outside the playable area.
- Fixed an issue which could cause players to receive damage unintentionally when exiting a vehicle in water.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the R1895 animation to be played on another weapon in specific situations in FPP.
- Fixed issue where the Extended Quickdraw mag did not properly improve the reload time for the Tommy Gun and Vector.
- Fixed an issue where players behind walls could be damaged by vehicles in specific situations.
- Fixed an issue where the reload animation could be cancelled, yet still allow a full reload, when dropping other equipped weapons.
- Fixed an issue where certain sounds from other players could be heard when observing and switching between teammates.
- Fixed an issue where players could enter the BRDM-2 at speeds higher than intended, without receiving damage.
- Fixed an issue of missing empty shells when reloading the AWM and M24.
- Fixed an issue where the reloading sound from Scorpion and Deagle sounds louder than other handguns.
- Fixed a graphical issue within certain buildings of Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where wall collision was missing in certain locations in Hacienda del Patron on Miramar
- Fixed an issue where collision was missing in certain building walls of Paradise Resort on Sanhok
- Fixed an issue where other characters land in parachutes temporarily enter the ground when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where character footsteps cannot be heard (still audible for enemies) when walking backwards against corners of objects.
- Fixed an issue in which throwables appear to be cut off/shaking when the network environment is poor.
- Fixed an issue where throwables would roll for a longer time when rolling on the slope.
- Fixed an issue where Aqua rail’s speed in reverse is almost same as going forward.
- Fixed an issue where a constant audible collision can be heard when a vehicle is stationary against terrain.
- Fixed an issue where First aid kit, Adrenaline syringe, Energy drink can sometimes not be heard from the spectator point of view.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles can jitter and slowly descend the slope when parked on an angled slope.
- Fixed an issue where weapon scope zoom is reset after performing specific actions.
- Fixed an issue where character animations are skewed when using an emote while affected by a Molotov.
- Fixed an issue where weapon dropping sound can only be heard by the player dropping the weapon.
- Fixed an issue where a faintly cross-shaped line is visible when the holographic reticle brightness is maximized.
- Fixed an issue where the BRDM-2 can sometimes sink when called in using a flare gun above water.
- Fixed an issue where the boost gauge will continue to display even after the UI has been disabled if under the effect of a boost.
- Fixed an issue where a placed marker location is changed on compass when you open the map or inventory several times.
- Fixed an issue where players’ names display incorrectly when watching a player in a disconnected state.
- Fixed an issue where raindrops pass through certain vehicle roofs.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps can be heard from dead players intermittently.
- Fixed an issue where controller guide text appears when spectating after dying in a squad match