The Group Stage
The draw for teams competing in the Group Stage was held on October 28, 2019 in the PUBG Santa Monica offices. The results are as follows:
An explanation of the Group Stage drawing process is below.*Draw 30 (Ghost Gaming (NA #5)) could not be placed in Group 2 since it would create an invalid draw in Group 1 by forcing two Wild Card teams from the same region (either KR or EMEA) to be in the same Group. As a result, Ghost Gaming (NA #5) was placed in Group 1 and CrowCrowd (EMEA #6) and DeToNator (KR #5) were placed in Group 2.
An explanation of the Group Stage drawing process is below.
Groups were determined by a snake draft (A, B, B, A, A, B, B, A, …) by drawing from each of the above pools in order. If a draw is invalid due to the rules below, the drawn team will be placed into the next valid group.
1. Draw all Pool 1 teams.
2. Pool 2 teams are automatically placed in the group opposite of the Pool 1 team from their respective region.
3. Draw all Pool 3 teams.
4. Pool 4 teams are automatically placed in the group opposite of the Pool 3 team from their respective region.
5. Draw all Pool 5 teams.
6. Pool 6 teams are automatically placed in the group opposite of the Pool 5 team from their respective region.
6. The Pool 7 team will fill the next open slot.
8. Draw all Wild Card teams making sure that no two Wild Card teams from the same region are placed in the same group until at least one Wild Card team from the same region is in each group.
The Group Stage (Nov. 8-10) and Semifinals (Nov. 15-17) will be held at the OGN Super Arena in Manhattan Beach, CA, before culminating at the Grand Finals (Nov. 23-24) at the Oakland Arena in Oakland, CA. For more information, please visit pubgesports.com/pgc. STAND UNITED!