Update Dec 23: Thanks to all the feedback and participation from the community, the Motor Glider LABS test will be extended. Fly above the skies of Erangel and Miramar on the Motor Glider until December 29 11pm PST / Dec 30 8am CET!
Players can find information on LABS Skill Based Rating via the “PLAY → LABS” menu in the lobby.
The Motor Glider is available in PUBG Labs on Dec 19 11pm PST – December 29 11pm PST.
You’ve been hittin’ the roads on the battlegrounds pretty hard, but where we’re going, we don’t need roads. Final boarding call for the Motor Glider mode only available for a limited time. Take to the air in the new Motor Glider and get the drop on enemy squads wherever they are.
The Motor Glider can transport you and a squadmate in the air and get you to the far side of the circle in no time. To take off, you’ll need to get the speed up to 70km/h (so not quite the 88 miles per hour you’d need for time travel) and once you’re moving you can use sticky throttle to lock in your forward acceleration. Be careful around the rotor or you’ll learn who wins in a faceoff between your face and a mower.
While in the air, using the high ground to their advantage, passengers can rain shots and molotovs. Only the engine can be destroyed with wings taking less damage compared to the body, but the tires can’t be damaged – so you’ll be able to keep it moving even after your engine is disabled by gliding and landing.
PUBG Labs is a space where we introduce experimental in-game features to you, the community, and collect your feedback. The most important takeaway from PUBG Labs is your valuable opinions!
Please feel free to let our Community Managers know about what you think of your experience on whichever social platform you prefer, just tag us @PUBG. The Motor Glider is available in PUBG Labs on Dec 19 11pm PST – Dec 22 11pm PST.
“Fly like an Eagle.”
- Motor Glider has two seats; one for pilot and one for passenger who can shoot and use any weapon from the backseat
- Motor Glider will be spawned around the map
- To takeoff, you must gain the necessary speed of 65 km/h then pitch up with the S key.
- You’ll start to take off automatically once you hit 70 km/h.
- Motor Glider’s fuel consumption rate is tied to the engine speed – the more throttle you apply, the faster you will run out of gas.
- There’s no maximum altitude you can reach, the sky is the limit! But engine will start losing power the higher the altitude you are at.
- Use W/S keys to control the pitch and A/D to control the roll of the aircraft
- Adjust the throttle by holding Left Shift and Left Ctrl keys
- Hold Spacebar when on the ground to engage handbrake
- Period: Dec 19 11pm PST – Dec 22 11pm PST / Dec 20 8am CET – Dec 23 8am CET
- Perspective: TPP/FPP
- Mode: Squad
- Map: Erangel, Miramar
- Maximum Player: 80
- How to join: Click the banner on the left bottom above the ‘START’ button