Update May 29:
- Added new bug fixes
Update May 19:
- While currently available on the PTS, the changes made to Jerry Cans have been postponed and will not be available when the Update 7.2 comes to live servers due to an issue found with its new features. We will provide further details in the future.
Welcome Back, Survivors!
Update 7.2 is now available on Test Servers and brings with it weapon balance changes and the long-awaited Ranked Mode. With Ranked Mode, PUBG players can finally test their skills against the best players in the world, rising (and falling) through the ranks for great rewards and of course bragging rights. (bots will NOT be in Ranked Mode games.)
Take a look at all of Update 7.2’s changes below!
PDT: May 19 00:00 ~ Live server maintenance end
CEST: May 19 09:00 ~ Live server maintenance end
Only Ranked match will be available for PTS.
Live Maintenance Schedule:
PDT: May 25 20:00 ~ May 26 0:00
CEST: May 26 05:00 ~ 09:00
Live maintenance schedule may change. We will update you if there are any changes made.
What is the PTS (Public Test Server)?
The PTS (Public Test Server) is a separate PUBG server that is free for anyone who already owns a copy of PUBG. The purpose of the test server is not just to provide a preview of upcoming features, but to find the issues and bugs we need to solve as soon as possible. To take part in the test, all you have to do is own a copy of PUBG.
All player data, statistics, etc from the test server will not carry over to your live server account.
You can search and download the “PUBG – Public Test Server” on the Microsoft Store or the ‘My Games and Apps’ menu.
You can find the “PUBG – Public Test Server” in the ‘Purchased’ section of your Library.
Update 7.2 will be available on Stadia once the live server launches for consoles.
Ranked Mode is here, which means it’s time to put your skills to the ultimate test!
For Ranked Mode, the dev team took some inspiration from the highest level of competitive PUBG play, PUBG Esports. This includes settings, loot, and 64-player squad oriented play.
Season 1 is officially a GO, and we hope to see many of you up in the ranks! We’re excited to see you and your squads jump in and see how you stack up against the competition.
Be sure to let us know your feedback throughout the season, so that we can make Ranked the best it can be.
Dev Note: When the live server launches, Ranked Mode will be available for Stadia gamers using a controller, but unavailable for Stadia gamers playing with a mouse and keyboard.
Transition from Survival title to Ranked
- Survival Title has been discontinued. The new Ranked system will now replace it.
- Unlike with Survival Title, only matches played in the new and separate Ranked mode will count towards your rank.
- A player’s Rank will increase or decrease after each match based on their performance.
- Legacy Survival Title season data will still be available to view in the Season navigation tab.
- A new ‘Ranked’ sub navigation option has been added to the ‘Play’ section of the primary navigation menu.
- Options for Ranked play include TPP or FPP Squad modes.
- 1/2/3 man squad options are also available.
- Matches will feature a maximum of 64 players.
- Ranked matches will not have Bots/AI.
- There are additional requirements for starting a match in the Ranked queue. All squad members must meet these requirements in order to begin matchmaking.
- A squad cannot enter the queue if two players (who have completed placements) are too far apart in rank from each other (10 divisions maximum).
- Players need to reach a minimal Survival Mastery level of 20 before they qualify for ranked.
- Players who have received ranked matchmaking penalties, for actions such as repeatedly ‘dodging’ games after loading onto the island, will need to wait out a matchmaking penalty timer before they can play ranked again.
- Players may cancel Ranked matchmaking at any time with no penalty.
- Players who find a match and load into the pregame lobby will face Ranked penalties if they then choose to abandon the match.
Ranked Mode Ruleset
- Ranked mode games will be randomly played on Erangel, Miramar, or Sanhok.
- Ranked mode will operate under its own game settings.
- Unique Season 7 Ranked settings include:
- Overall increase in item loot spawns
- No Crossbow spawns
- Red zone has been removed
- Motor glider has been removed
- The timing and speed of the Blue Zone has been adjusted to increase the pace of play
- Exact settings are subject to adjustment throughout the season and especially at the start of new seasons.
- Changes in the ranked mode rule set will be posted via announcements
Tiers and Divisions
- There are a total of 6 tiers in the Ranked system (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master) with 5 Divisions (V – I) within each tier.
- A player’s current rank is determined by their Rating Points (RP) in a given queue.
- At the start of a Ranked season, players will be considered ‘Unranked’ in all queues.
- The first 5 games they play in each ranked queue will count as placement matches.
- At the end of the fifth placement match, players will be given an initial rank for the season.
How Climbing Works
- After a player dies, they will receive an adjustment to their RP based on their performance. The metrics that determine performance are
- Personal placement
- When a player exits a Ranked match, they will be presented with a new pop-up modal celebration that shows the player their performance metrics as well as the change to their RP.
- Players who are at Diamond rank or above will begin to face RP ‘decay’ if they do not play any Ranked games for a week or more in a row
- At the end of the season, players will receive Ranked rewards based on their Highest Ranked tier that season
- Ranked rewards are unique and only obtainable by playing Ranked during the season they are awarded
- All players will receive a nameplate and emblem recognizing their Tier
- Players who ended the season at Gold or higher will receive a set of Ranked reward skins
- The Leaderboards have returned and have been updated to work with with Ranked mode
- Leaderboards now list the Top 500 players per server, sorted by RP
- The Leaderboard you see is for the region you’ve played the most Ranked matches in.
- Once a player enters the leaderboard, their region will be fixed for the rest of the season.
- Players who end the season on the Top 500 Leaderboards for any queue will receive a small additional reward to recognize the achievement
Weapon & Armor Balance
With the introduction of Ranked Mode, we wanted to get in some balance adjustments we’ve been planning. The goal of this balance adjustment is to strengthen the characteristics of each weapon type, so that tactics change depending on the firearms you choose and to help make sure one particular weapon isn’t seen as overpowered.
The M416 has long been the most powerful AR and one of the top guns in the game as a whole, so we’ve adjusted it and buffed some of the other ARs to give players alternative options.
We’ve also adjusted shotguns, which were seen as almost useless unless at extreme close range.
- Increased reload times for M416, M16A4 and SCAR-L
- We’ve adjusted the reload time of some of these mid-range weapons to make them less of a go-to for their effectiveness in all situations. This change should especially affect close quarters engagements, as you’ll have a longer window to rush opponents reloading an AR.
- While fully equipped, the M416 was lethal even in far distances with its superior stability.
Kill distribution rate over Distance/Phase
The power of rapid and accurate sprays were even capable of replacing DMR positions in ranges over 30m. We don’t believe one gun should always be the optimal choice in all circumstances, but rather give players choices depending on their needs in the current situation. Of course, we will be watching the data constantly for future adjustments.
- Decreased base damage by 1 (41 → 40)
- Decreased muzzle velocity from 880 m/s to 780 m/s.
- Changed damage curve distances from 60m – 450m to 50m – 350m.
Weapon damage per round per pick up
- M16A4, MK47 Mutant
- These two weapons do not support full-auto firing mode, which already led to them being picked up less. Add to that stability issues or lower firing rates and it’s easy to see why they weren’t being picked up as often. We’ve made some adjustments to give them more life on the Battlegrounds.
- Decreased recoil when firing in quick succession in semi-auto and bursts mode.
- Added tracers (shooter only).
- Beryl M762
- Based on the analysis result on the weapon damage per round per pick up, it seemed Beryl M762 had somewhat less performance than expected compared to other assult rifles.
- Increased muzzle velocity from 680 m/s to 740 m/s.
- Decreased recoil.
- As the gun metas in the game have stabilized, shotguns were quickly left in the dust as they had little use in most late game situations. With this update, we have adjusted the shotgun group so that they can be used more reliably throughout a match.
- Body damage multiplier changes
- Increased limb multiplier from 0.9 to 1.05.
- Increased head multiplier from 1.25 to 1.5.
- Increased hip-fire accuracy.
- Decreased accuracy penalty during movement.
- Decreased damage drop over distance for all shotguns.
- Saiga S12K
- Extended and Ext. Quickdraw magazines now hold 10 rounds.
- Suppressor adds slight pellet spread reduction (2/3 of choke bonus).
- Increased the pump-action speed
- Increased reload speed.
- Vests not only provided armor but also provided additional inventory space. However, it felt pretty bad to immediately lose that space when your vest was destroyed in combat. Your survivability also drastically decreased once your vest was destroyed. leaving you extremely vulnerable until you found a new one. With this change, ‘destroyed’ vests will no longer disappear, and neither will your inventory space.
- In addition, vests will continue to provide 20% protection and slight aim punch reduction once destroyed. The base protection level of the destroyed vest is the same no matter the type of vest you’re wearing. This should mean more competitive engagements, even if the situation doesn’t allow for the looting of a new vest.
Main menu navigation bar update
With the addition of the new ranked mode, the main menu navigation bar has been updated.
- New ‘Ranked’ option has been added under the ‘Play’ menu
- ‘Public Match’ has been renamed to ‘Normal’
- ‘Mastery’ and ‘Replay’ menus have been moved to the ‘Career’ tab
Tire UI Improvements
- Improved the icon/ color of a vehicle’s tire UI to provide more intuitive information on tire status
- 100% – Grey
- When tire is damaged – White
- When tire has less than 50% durability – Blinking Orange
- When tire reaches 0% durability (destroyed) – RED
Seat UI improvement
- Improved the color of the vehicle’s seat UI to provide more intuitive information
- General vehicle”s seat UI color changes
- Players character: White → Yellow
- Teammates: Green → White
- Enemy players: Yellow → Red
- Empty seats: Grey (Same as before)
- Starting plane’s seat UI color changes
- Onboard players: Yellow → White
- Empty seats: Grey (Same as before)
- General vehicle”s seat UI color changes
Preview Scene Improvements
- Character’s full body, instead of only torso, will be displayed when entering wardrobe, weapon, and equipment sections.
Kill feed icon and system message for train kills
- New killfeed icon and system message for train kills has been added.
Item description improvement
- Additional description has been added to item skins which had some unclear target item (Crowbar, Machette)
Tweak of Window Breaking Sound’s Spread Curve
- Currently, stereo panning of window breaking sound is too sensitive. We’ve tweaked its sensitivity for more natural stereo panning
Bluezone Humming Sound
- Bluezone humming sound will be played only when the wall is moving
Survivor Pass: Cold Front
The 2nd track of Survivor Pass season missions has been unlocked,
Please note that new missions will be unlocked after the Live server update!
Erangel: Hall of Fame Update
- All-time winners team and players names are engraved in Hall of fame
- New name plates have been added to the trophy and uniform cases
Vikendi: New small house sets added
- In order to enhance loot in spots outside of major landmarks, some small house sets have been added with improved item spawns.
- Supplemented item spawn spots in certain buildings in Dinoland that had below average loot.
Skin & Items
NAVAL OFFICER ATTIRE SET (8 items) (6/3 ~ 7/1)
- Shades (Black)
- Naval Officer Formal Jacket
- Naval Officer Peaked Cap
- Naval Officer Skirt
- Naval Officer Pants
- Naval Officer Formal Gloves
- Naval Officer Lace-up Boots
- Naval Officer Loafers
PUBG X Twitch Broadcaster Royale (14 items) (6/3 ~ 6/24)
- BreaK’s Gloves
- BreaK’s Hoodie
- BreaK’s SLR
- Lumi’s Hoodie
- Lumi’s Kar98k
- Lumi’s Shirt
- Lumi’s Shoes
- ZeratoR’s Long Sleeve Shirt
- ZeratoR’s Pleated Skirt
- ZeratoR’s Shirt
- Ashek’s AKM
- Ashek’s Crossbow
- Ashek’s Gloves
- Ashek’s Shirt
- Fixed the issue where character could slide abnormally when going through specific steps
- Fixed the issue with Gas Cans sometimes not exploding even after reaching 0 HP
- Fixed the issue with Glass in small square windows does not break when punched with fists
- Fixed minor graphical issues with the appearance of sights when attached to the Tommy Gun
- Fixed the issue with crosshair location isn’t synced when the character being spectated aims while leaning left
- Fixed an issue of when a player with 3,500 RP or lower leaves during a match, does not see reduction but an increase in their RP.
- Fixed an issue where players are not able to join the Ranked Match when Normal Match is turned off.
- Fixed an issue where both teams are displayed as the “Winner” in TDM when a team wins in the first round and then the second round is a tie match.
- Fixed the animation issue when player displays the inventory during their reload of DBS, S1897 or WIN94, the gun reloads while the animation is stopped.
- Fixed a visual issue where the boats are not displayed.
- Fixed missing texture in Castle, Vikendi
- Fixed some floating objects in Goroka, Vikendi
- Fixed the issue with movement blocked at building entrance in Yasnaya Polyana, Erangel
- Fixed the issue with being able to see through a specific aircraft object in Sosnovka Military Base, Erangel
- Fixed the issue with multiple doors stacked on top of each other in certain buildings on Vikendi
- Fixed the issue where character can enter 2F of specific building on Erangel
- Fixed the issue with inside of specific building is visible in Volnova, Vikendi
- Fixed an issue where the insides of building are completely seethrough in Miramar.
- Fixed an issue where the player is able to seethrough the second floor when vaulting in a certain location on the ground floor of the Y-shaped building in Bootcamp, Sanhok.
- Fixed an incorrect kill message on Karakin ‘killed by BZ signal grenade’
- Fixed an issuing causing the health bar to display incorrectly when using healing items
- Fixed the issue with spectating players status UI in the minimap not instantly changing
- Squad members PUBG ID’s are missing from Last Match summary
- Fixed an issue where the item acquire notice pop-up doesn’t disappear when you go to the pass store through the “Upgrade to premium” from the pass page.
- Fixed the issue of when a player starts matchmaking without opening the Ranked Mode map selection UI, the count stays at 00:00 and does not proceed.
- Fixed the issue of “Player data not available” being displayed under the Stats in the Survival page.
- Missing text when the bots go down but not out was added.
- Fixed the issue where the Summary page is not properly displayed after the ranked mode is over.
- Fixed an issue of squad members’ nicknames not being displayed from the last match’s summary.
- Fixed the volume adjustment of teammates not working correctly
- Fixed an issue with AWM bullets not making sound when impacting ice
- Fixed the issue with sound of grenade not working correctly when it bounces continuously in mud material
- Fixed a sound issue of where opponents’ footsteps are heard even when they are out of sight.
Skin & Item
- Fixed the clipping issue with Jockey Boots
- Fixed the issue when wearing a coat and holding a Panzerfaust the character’s waist area shakes excessively
- Fixed the abnormal flashing effect of Level 1 helmets on the ground
- Fixed the issue with a specific AKM skin not being exchangeable for BP
- Fixed a visual issue of the Jockey Boots when it is combined with the Golf Pants.
- Fixed a visual issue around player characters’ buttocks when wearing the Sosnovka Military Pants.
- Fixed a visual issue of the PGC 2019 Sneakers when combined with Dinoland Suits.
- Fixed an issue where the Dinoland Suits’ tail points to the sky when pulling the lever of the Win94 in prone mode.
- Fixed an issue of players not being able to enter the add-on tab after selecting the “Add cash” button from the pop-up of the items which are sold for G-Coins in keyboard & mouse use conditions.
- Fixed an issue of certain settings being reset when reloading Stadia app.
- Fixed long matching times when entering the Training Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the TOS is not displayed when entering the TOS page with a newly created account with keyboard and mouse use.