Attention US PUBG players: the POBG Speedrun Challenge is here!
Challenge your speedrun skills to see just how fast you can complete the PlayerOmnom’s Battlegrounds (POBG) game mode. Do you have what it takes to be the ultimate speedrunner?
Three players with the fastest times will be selected and receive prize packages from PUBG featuring rare merchandise and more.
To participate, you need to complete POBG (Easy or Normal) mode in the fastest time you can and submit your results on Twitter using the hashtag #POBGrun. To be eligible, you will need to include a screenshot of your results and what platform you play on along with the entry hashtag.
Keep your tweet submission active until winners are drawn and submit your results during POBG’s scheduled run time: April 2nd, 2021 1PM PT – April 19th at Midnight Pacific.
Only entries from the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) will be deemed as valid. For full terms and conditions scroll below.
- 1x Set of official PUBG Funko Pops
- 1x Set of PUBG Dinoland Dinosaurs
- 1x Dinoland Metal Plaque
- 1x PUBG Alpaca Plush Toy
- 1 Pair of Socks
- 1 Pair of Sweatpants
- 1 Jacket
- 1x T-Shirt
- 1 Mask
- 1 Mug
- 1 Keychain
- 2 X G-Coin Pack
PUBG NA – POBG Speedrun Contest: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This promotion is not officially associated with Twitter.
• Submissions need to be open to the public without any restriction to view
• Submission after the entry period will not be considered for each respective Contest Period
• Don’t include any references to religion, organization, or political orientation
• Don’t violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names, or images
• Don’t use any content that is obscene, offensive; sexually explicit, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; promotes alcohol or substance abuse, illegal drugs, tobacco, actual firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies or communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law.
Judging criteria: Subject matter – Technical timing of completion and knowledge of the PUBG related content presented.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MANY WILL ENTER FEW WILL WIN.
These rules (“Rules”) apply to the PUBG NA POBG Speedrun Contest (“Contest”) carried out by PUBG Santa Monica, Inc. in the United States and Canada (“PUBG”) and their affiliates. Please read these Rules carefully. By submitting a Contest Entry (defined below in Section 4), you (also referred to as “Entrant”) accept and agree to these Rules. If you do not agree to these Rules, any Contest Entry submitted by you will be invalid and you will not be eligible to participate in the Contest or win a prize.
1. Contest Sponsor. The sponsor of this contest is PUBG Santa Monica, Inc., in the United States and Canada region (hereafter the regions are referred to as “NA”) as expressly described under Section 2 of these Rules.
2. Entrant Eligibility. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF ALL FIFTY UNITED STATES, and CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC), WHO ARE OVER THE AGE OF MAJORITY (18, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED BY COUNTRY STATUTE) AND RESIDE IN A JURISDICTION WHERE THE CONTEST AND THEIR PARTICIPATION ARE LEGALLY PERMITTED ON THE DATE REFERENCED BELOW AS THE START DATE FOR THE CONTEST (“ENTRANTS”). Entrants under the legal age of majority in their country of residence are not be eligible to participate in this Contest. Entrants residing in countries not mentioned above are not be eligible to participate in this Contest. The Contest is only open to people who owned the game PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS and who were registered on the applicable platform (Twitter) before the start date of the promotion. In the event of any dispute regarding the Entrant, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the respective email and/or Twitter, account from which an entry was shared. Sharing this Contest to one’s own platform, while encouraged and may get attention, is not an official method of entry. Offers void where prohibited by law.
Directors, officers and employees of PUBG, its parent, and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, partners, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families/household (whether related or not) of each are not eligible to win prizes.
3. Contest Period. For each Contest Period, the Contest shall commence as follows for each respective beginning date (“Start Date”) and shall continue in duration until each respective ending date (the “Deadline”) (the beginning date to the ending date is hereafter a “Contest Period”):
Contest Period – April 2nd, 2021 1PM PT – April 19th at Midnight Pacific.
All entries must be received by the Deadline of the Contest Period to be eligible and must be completed and received by PUBG in the format designated in the Submission Guidelines.
4. Participation and Entry. To submit Submissions as Contest entries, you must submit an entry via Twitter, satisfying all of the requirements of these Rules, including those described in the Submission Guidelines (“Contest Entry”). Each unique Submission constitutes a Contest Entry, for the respective Contest Period, as long as all the individual and applicable criteria are met for the Submission. Entrant must allow for Private Messages on Twitter by changing settings on such platform. Each Contest Entry is associated with the Participant who submitted it. Group submissions on behalf of more than one person (including player organizations) are not permitted and will not be considered. A Contest Entry must be submitted by the individual who created it; submitting a Contest Entry that was created by another person is grounds for disqualification (see below). The recorded time of submission for any Contest Entry will be the date and timestamp of the Submission as displayed in PDT or PST in the NA region.
5. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase, payment or other obligation is necessary to enter or win.
6. Conditions of Participation. By entering this Contest, you as the Entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to abide by PUBG’s decisions relating to the Contest which are final and binding. If a winner accepts a prize, the winner consents to the use of his or her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by PUBG, in perpetuity and in any and all media now or hereafter devised without any further compensation, notification, or permission, to the extent admissible by applicable law.
7. Determination of Winner. On or after the end of each respective Contest Period, in its sole discretion, PUBG will direct PUBG staff (the “Judges”) to choose 3 winning Contest Entries from all Entrants who have submitted a correct Required entry prior to the respective Deadline. Winners will be chosen by PUBG at its sole discretion based upon the technical speed and any applicable judging criteria described in the Submission Guidelines. While an Entrant may make multiple entries, any given Entrant may have at most one winning Entry during each Contest Period. Purchases from a PUBG game or website does not affect or increase the chances of winning. To be further eligible to receive a prize, winners must confirm and verify their applicable Twitter account to the Judges if such is not already clearly associated
8. Rights Reserved. PUBG reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest in the event of cheating or other extenuating circumstances that affect the fairness or integrity of this contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, PUBG reserves the right to randomly select winners from among all eligible entries received before PUBG had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest. No physical communication takes place on Italian territory.
9. Prizes. After each respective Contest Period, the qualified winning Entrants will receive the respective prize designated in the Submission Guidelines as selected by PUBG (“Prize”).
ALL TAXES, INCLUDING FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH ENTRANT. Each individual prize, and total value given, are valued under five-hundred dollars ($500).
To claim a Prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification of a winning Contest Entry. Winners will be required to sign an affidavits or otherwise provide affirmative consent regarding their eligibility, liability release (including for travel risks if the prize includes traveling), a publicity release approving the use of their name and likeness for publicity and marketing purposes, payment of applicable federal, and state tax releases, which release needs to be returned via private message to PUBG within 48 hours of notification, or else forfeit their Prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fifteen (15) days after delivery of notification will be forfeited.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that PUBG reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize. Limit one prize per household or address. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
10. Winner Notification. Each winning Entrant will be notified by private message within five (5) days following the judging. If the notification that PUBG sends is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, PUBG may award the prize to the next winner, time allowing.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, PUBG will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter or Discord account used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, PUBG may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a applicable tax forms within 10 days of notification. You are advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, PUBG may disqualify you and randomly select an alternate winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Contest:
• You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason a prize is unavailable, PUBG reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
• You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, PUBG will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
• You will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes related to accepting the prize; and
• Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
11. Disqualification. Any cheating or defrauding of the contest systems are strictly forbidden and will lead to the complete disqualification of your entries, disqualification from future contests, and legal action for damages incurred from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Please play fairly. Any breach of these Rules by you will disqualify you from participation in the Contest or receiving prizes. PUBG may, at its option, disqualify you from participation if you have previously won a prize or been disqualified from any contest, sweepstakes, competition, or other promotional offering held by PUBG. Any Entrant who submits a Contest Entry that they themselves did not create may be disqualified from the Contest. Submissions that contain material or content in violation of the Submission Guidelines, that fail to adhere to the requirements within these Rules, or is fraudulent in any way, may also be disqualified. The disqualification of one Contest Entry by an Entrant may result in the disqualification of any or all other Contest Entries submitted by that Entrant. PUBG staff and administrators, at their discretion, may remove, or order removed any and all entries submitted by a disqualified Entrant, as well as any entry deemed ineligible by failure to abide by the requirements of these Rules.
12. Claims and Forfeiture. A winning Entrant must respond to any notices sent from PUBG and provide any requested information to be owed any Prize; failure to so respond will result in forfeiture of the Prize and, at PUBG’s discretion, disqualification of the winning Entrant and allocating any limited quantity Prize, if applicable, to an alternate winner. For fulfillment of any physical prize, A winning Entrant must provide a mailing address for shipping within a jurisdiction where the Contest and his or her participation are legally valid. PUBG will cover the cost of shipping or delivery required for prizes.
13. Disclaimer. PUBG and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events or prizes beyond the control of PUBG; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
Furthermore, Entrants and winners assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. PUBG has the right to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, or other conditions beyond PUBG’s control, including, without limitation, insufficient volume of eligible entries, and to select winners from eligible entries received on or before the termination date. PUBG is not responsible for any failure to contact Entrants whether due to technical or human error.
No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that PUBG reserves the right to substitute a prize for another prize. Limit one prize per Entrant.
Twitter Disclaimer. Twitter is a third party platform used by PUBG for purposes of administrating this promotion, and PUBG is not responsible for any acts or omission by Twitter, including but not limited to, technical issues.
14. Use of Entries. Entrant hereby grants PUBG a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license and right to utilize any applicable entry materials that Entrant submits to PUBG in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”). The Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Entrant acknowledges that PUBG has the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative works of and otherwise commercially and promotionally exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to Entrant or any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to take, at PUBG’s expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by PUBG to effect, perfect or confirm PUBG’s rights as set forth above in this paragraph 14.
15. Original Work of Authorship. Entrant hereby warrants and represents that (a) Entrant owns all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by Entrant; and (b) all such Entry Materials are original works of authorship on Entrant’s part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
16. Collection of Information-Submissions. Submissions may include a survey that requires Entrant to enter ‘screen name’ or email information. This information will only be used to contact Entrant in the event that such Entrant is chosen to receive a prize. Without limiting PUBG’s rights under its privacy policies available at https://www.pubg.com/privacy/ with regards to its use of the information, note that Entrant’s information will be used to contact Entrant specifically for operation of the Contest. By entering the Contest, Entrant also gives its consent to the collection, use and processing, as set forth in the privacy policies mentioned above, by PUBG of Entrant’s personal information provided at registration as well as any further information provided during Entrant’s participation.
17. General Release. By entering the Contest, Entrant releases PUBG and any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives, partners, agents and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest (including, without limitation, participation in any tournament) or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
18. Limited License. Other than for the sole and limited purpose of participating in the Contest during the Contest Period, these Rules grant no license, permission, or rights to use PUBG content, game content, or any PUBG intellectual property for any other purpose whatsoever.
19. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, winners will be required to execute and deliver to PUBG, a signed Affidavit of Eligibility, which includes an acceptance of these Official Rules and a release of liability.
20. Winners List. Contest results and winner’s list will be posted on official social media Twitter or Discord channels of PUBG.
21. Copyright Notice. The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright © PUBG Corporation. All rights reserved.
22. Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Netherlands. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of PUBG, which are final and binding in all respects. ENTRANTS CANNOT CHEAT OR USE ANY FRAUDULENT OR ILLEGAL METHOD OF ANY KIND TO GAIN AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE IN THE CONTEST. PUBG reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond PUBG’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or PUBG otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to PUBG, the Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in PUBG’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. PUBG reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. ALL DECISIONS BY PUBG ARE FINAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST.