Rules of Conduct
1. General Rule
This Rules of Conduct regulate general matters that end users and company should comply with in relation to the services of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (hereinafter referred to as “Game”) provided by PUBG Corporation (“PUBG”). It is aimed to regulate necessary requirements in consistent manner to cope with various situations that may arise in the process of using and providing game services.
2. Changes in Rules of Conduct
If PUBG decides to change Rules of Conduct in order to improve quality of game service, PUBG will notify effective date, revised contents and reasons for revision at least 7 days prior to the effective date through PUBG homepage (https://www.pubg.com). However, we will notify you from 30 days prior to the changes if such changes are regarded as serious matter or may be unfavorable to you. If a user fails to comply with revised Rules of Conduct after the last revision date, it is not PUBG’s responsibility to compensate any loss incurred due to lack of awareness from the user.
3. Duties and Responsibilities of PUBG
1) PUBG will endeavor to eradicate misconducts described in the Rules of Conduct to ensure that the users can enjoy playing the game.
2) PUBG will never ask you for your password, and PUBG will be committed to protect and securely manage user’s personal information. However, when a government agency or a judicial authority requests to provide personal information through legal means, PUBG may provide personal information to those government agencies.
3) PUBG receives feedback on all types of bugs and errors through PUBG’s official customer support center and official community, and PUBG will be committed to promptly review and correct bugs and errors.
4) PUBG will not intervene or engage in activities and disputes between and/or among end users in relation to game services.
5) PUBG may restrict some or all of the game services if PUBG determines that such unusual or unintended situations hinder enjoyment of the gameplay.
6) If you or group of users do anything that might interfere with or adversely affect any services provided by PUBG) or violates the Rules of Conduct, PUBG shall, in accordance with the ‘Penalty criteria for Misconduct specified in the Rules of Conduct, restrict service usage.
4. End User’s Responsibilities and Rights
1) You are obliged to understand and comply with PUBG’s Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct.
2) The company reserves all rights about in-game data (characters, items, game currency, etc.) created by you when using the game service, and you reserve right only to use in-game data.
3) If you are unfairly treated or incurred harm using the game service, you have the right to appeal and correct PUBG through legitimate methods and procedures. If you have been unfairly treated or harmed by another customer, you have the right to notify and ask other users to comply with Rules of Conduct.
4) You have an obligation to be fully informed about the information that PUBG officially announces, and PUBG shall not be responsible for any damages incurred due to lack of awareness about the announcements.
5) You are not allowed to generate any profit using the game service without prior approval from PUBG.
6) You may not use the information obtained through Game Service such as copying, duplication, modification, translation, publishing or otherwise providing this information to others without prior consent from PUBG.
7) You may be liable for distributing false information not officially announced by PUBG in any manner that is likely to cause confusion to other end users.
8) You must notify PUBG of any glitches (such as bugs, system errors, illegal programs, etc.) of the game service and should not exploit and/or propagate such information to other users. If you discover any vulnerability and do not disclose it to PUBG and forward it to another person, you may be subject to restrictions to the use of the game services in accordance with the Rules of Conduct, which is regarded as intentional misconduct.
9) You can make inquiries, suggestions and requests related to game services through following channels.
– Customer Support Center: https://support.pubg.com/hc/en-us
– As a general rule, we will respond promptly to inquiries, suggestions, requests, feedback you have given through Customer Center. However, the response may be delayed if there is a heavy workload.
5. Policies for Misconduct
In order to provide a fair and pleasant gaming experience for all users, PUBG has defined policies which all users need to comply with when using our service. All users playing the game must comply with the following rules.
1) Do Not Use Unauthorized Programs and Hardware Devices
If you use unauthorized programs and hardware devices that are not permitted or authorized by the company (collectively “Unauthorized hardware”, that promotes unfair game play using specific mouse or other hardware device), you may be subject to strong penalties, such as permanent game ban and restrictions of using the Service on your hardware devices. If you develop, advertise, trade or distribute unauthorized programs or unauthorized hardware, the Company will take legal action against your misconduct and may ask the judicial authorities for investigation in accordance with relevant laws as well as imposing penalty within the game.
2) Do Not Modify the Game Client, Servers or Game Data (packet, etc.)
Unauthorized changes to game client (ini file modification, etc) / servers / data (such as packets) are actions that interferes with game services and violate copyright laws.
3) Do Not Exploit Vulnerabilities in the Game (Bugs and Glitches)
Users exploiting errors and bugs found while playing the game will be liable for serious penalties and we will take actions against taking unfair advantage through official procedures and acquired BP and items will be removed.
4) Do Not Use Inappropriate Nicknames
Offensive nicknames or those that may provoke negative imagery are considered to be violating the Rules of Conduct and appropriate action may be taken against users who create them.
- A nickname that is sexually explicit or obscene;
- A nickname that is made with the intention to impersonate PUBG or our staff;
- A nickname that is discriminatory in nature;
- A nickname that may infringe on the trademark or copyright of a third party;
- A nickname that is sensitive or causes offence for any other reason not mentioned above;
In addition, if you change a few letters of an inappropriate nickname, or try to construct nicknames that are cleverly inappropriate by mixing other characters before and after the letters, your nickname will be immediately changed without your consent and/or penalty measures will be taken.
5) Do Not Use Inappropriate Language
① Do not use inappropriate language such as profanity, insults, or verbal abuse.
Any conduct which we determine to be offensive to other users or likely to generate negative perceptions will be considered to be violating the Rules of Conduct, and will be subject to penalties.
- Use of profanity or offensive slang, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are sexually harassing, such as obscene words or sexual descriptions
- Belittling, mocking or criticizing specific regions, religions, races, or individuals with disabilities, etc.
- Expressions or behaviors that are threatening or intend to cause fear
- Causing discomfort or aversion to users by using expressions or communicating in a manner prohibited by other terms and conditions of use
② Do not flood chats.
Any conduct which we determine to be interfering with the use of the chat by posting excessive content in the chat window or repetitively posting the same content in the chat window will be subject to restrictions in the use of the system.
6) Do Not Attempt Cash Transactions
Any conduct that we determine to be an attempted cash transaction will be subject to penalties. This refers to any act that we determine to have the intention of pursuing cash or in-kind transactions by using a nickname or a name generated under a game mode designated by the user, attempting or advertising account transactions, or transacting cash or in-kind through a nickname, etc.
7) Do Not Promote or Advertise
Any conduct that we determine to be promoting or advertising any contents that are not related to the game or KRAFTON will be subject to penalty. This includes any act that we determine to constitute using the game service for the purpose of advertising or a purpose other than the original purposes of the game service, such as for profit, sales, advertising, or promotion.
8) Do Not Team Kill
Team kill is prohibited as it interferes with normal team gameplay and penalties may be imposed if teamkill is determined to be intentional and reoccurring.
9) Do Not Team (Form Teams Outside What is Allowed By The Selected Game Mode)
Intentional teaming between players or other teams in ways that the PUBG system does not presuppose in each game mode is considered an unacceptable behavior and penalties may be imposed. In the case of when you have received advantages by creating a team with a user who continuously or intentionally uses an unauthorized program, measures may be taken against you, as you are considered a member of an abnormal team.
10) Do Not Stalk Other Players from Match to Match
Penalties may be imposed if you try to stalk other players in order to interfere with normal gameplay.
11) Do Not Publish Personal Information
Penalties may be imposed if you publish personal information of others (e.g. disclosing personal information of others to third parties or making it publicly available), which is regarded as an act that violates privacy.
12) Do not Manipulate Match Results
Strong penalties may be imposed on those who manipulate the results of the game in an unfair way, by taking unfair advantage in exchange for cash, goods and/or services, manipulating additional accounts in addition to their own account. For those who gets caught will end up losing all acquired items.
13) Do Not Steal Other User’s Account
In the case of when attempts to access another user’s account have been detected, the account may be restricted from access to secure the user’s information and account.
14) Do Not AFK(Away From Keyboard or idling)
Penalties may be imposed on players who go AFK while in a match. Being AFK can place your teammates at a disadvantage or otherwise undermine the gameplay experience. Players who AFK repeatedly to earn BP, SP or other account related progression or rewards will be penalized with all account progression and items removed.
15) Do Not Trade/Sell Accounts
Measures will be taken against the act of accessing accounts that are not in your possession and trading or selling the accounts or its game data without the company’s written approval.
16) Do Not Disturb Business Operations
Users who spread false information, abuse customer service platform, impersonate oneself as an employee, create and spread rumors, or conduct any other acts that disturbs the company’s normal business operations may even lead to being permanently banned from the game depending on the seriousness of the misconduct.
17) Do not Play the Game Abnormally
If any abnormal gameplaying patterns have been detected that are impossible to be performed in our game, measures could be taken against the account that performed such action in order to create a fair gameplaying environment.
18) Other Undefined Misconduct
Any action which is not defined in the Rules of Conduct that negatively impacts the delivery of PUBG’s services or negatively affects other players may be subject to warning and penalty through careful review of the circumstances.
6. Penalty Criteria for Misconduct
1) Penalty Criteria is used to protect the customer’s enjoyment while playing the game.
2) If you fail to comply with Rules of Conduct, you may be restricted from using the service without prior notice in accordance with Penalty Criteria for Misconduct
3) If your violation attempt goes over the final attempt listed in the table below, permanent ban applies.
4) If you violate any of the criteria listed in the table below and your ID is listed in the top 10 of the PUBG leaderboard, your ID will be temporarily or permanently removed from the leaderboard.
[Penalty Criteria Table For Misconduct]
|Penalty Criteria for Misconduct||Maximum Penalty Period|
|Use, develop, advertise, trade or distribute Unauthorized Programs and Hardware Devices||Permanent Ban|
|Investigate the use of Unauthorized Programs and Hardware Devices||3-day Ban|
|Modification of Game Client, Servers and Game Data (packet, etc.)||Permanent Ban|
|Exploiting Bugs and Glitches
|Use of Inappropriate Language||30-day Ban|
|Promotion or Advertising||30-day Ban|
|Usage of Inappropriate Nicknames||30-day Ban|
|Gameplay Interference||30-day Ban|
|Publishing Personal Information||Permanent Ban|
|Manipulating Match Results||Permanent Ban|
|Usage of Another User’s Account / Restrict the Usage of Account (for protecting the Account)||Permanent Ban|
|Disturbing Business Operations (e.g. spread false information, abuse customer service platform, impersonate oneself as an employee, create and spread rumors or conduct any other acts)||Permanent Ban|
|Abnormal Gameplay||Permanent Ban|
5) We define exploiting bugs and glitches as an act which involves acquiring BP and items by exploiting bugs and glitches in the system.
(e.g. Purchasing infinite number of RANDOM CRATES without any BP cost and selling those crates in Steam market for the purpose of earning profit, acquiring BP by exploiting bugs and glitches in a repetitive manner etc.)
6) In principal, the company considers the standard of the most severe penalty to be imposing the banning period stated in the “Penalty Criteria for Misconduct”; however, depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, the imposed penalty may become more or less severe.
(e.g. If a user has been confirmed to be cheating repetitively or has conducted more than 2 misconducts, a more severe penalty or permanent ban can be imposed on the user.)
7) The Company may restrict users from running the game if misconduct was found from specific hardware device in order to maintain fair gaming environment.
8) Any BPs, items, and other character-related data can be removed if they have been obtained through misconduct; and depending on the seriousness of the misconduct, not only the character data of what has been obtained, but also the user’s entire character data may be deleted.
7. Policy for Custom Game Mode
There is a custom game mode where you can set up number of team members, weather, loot limits and various other game options. Through this mode, PUBG can authorize only a limited number of people to create custom game mode to provide various game services such as hosting events and/or marketing purposes
8. Recovery policy
We are unable to recover any losses that arise from not following the rules of conduct, in-game notices, homepage notices, policies, game systems, etc.
9. Bonus/Gift Code(“Code”) Policy
1) PUBG may provide Codes to allow customers to redeem and use skins, including costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents (Collectively, “Contents”) either as free of charge or as paid Contents through approved affiliate companies or directly from PUBG. “Free Code” means PUBG grant customers Codes without any charge, which are used for promotional and marketing purposes. If customers obtain Codes after participating an event and/or a tournament, we still consider these Codes as Free Codes.
2) PUBG may provide Codes to allow customers to redeem and use skins, including costume skins, weapon skins, and other in-game contents either as free of charge or as paid Contents.
3) Customers can receive Contents after redeeming Codes on from their own personal accounts. It is strictly prohibited to sell and transfer these Codes under any circumstances.
4) A single Code can only be used once, and after customers use/redeem their Codes, they cannot reuse, return, or refund the Codes.
5) Free Codes have an expiration date of 3 months after they have been issued, and customers cannot redeem Codes if they are expired.
6) Paid Codes have an expiration date of 5 years after they have been issued, and customers cannot redeem Codes if the Codes are expired. However, if the Codes expire within 5 years from the issuing date, customers can ask PUBG to extend the validity up to 5 years from the issuing date. Customers cannot extend expiration date of Free Codes under any circumstances.
7) PUBG will not be liable for any damage incurred to the customer or to third parties if they have acquired Codes through personal sales or, trades, and end of expiration date.
8) Codes purchased through an approved affiliate company are subject to the terms and conditions set by the affiliate company and any Code related matters (including customer inquiries, refund requests etc.) will be handled by the affiliate company which the purchase was conducted with.
10. G-Coin Cash Operation Policy
G-Coin Cash (hereinafter referred to as “G-Coin”) is an in-game currency used to purchase items serviced by the company.
1) “Paid G-Coin” refers to G-Coin that was purchased using Steam Wallet funds or G-Coin that was included in the bundle product. Users can cancel their purchase in accordance with Paragraph 7 of this Article.
2) “Bonus G-Coin” refers to G-Coin that are obtained after completing missions from an event or survival pass in the game and not purchased with Steam Wallet funds. Bonus G-Coin is non-refundable and cannot be canceled.
3) G-Coin top-up is available through the Steam®(https://store.steampowered.com/) payment service operated by Valve Corporation. Users can top up G-Coin in the units set by the company.
4) Users can purchase in-game items within the amount of G-Coin they have and item prices will be deducted from G-Coin immediately after making a purchase.
5) “Paid G-Coin” is valid for 5 years from the day of the purchase.
6) “Bonus G-Coin” is valid for three 3 months from the day of the purchase in principle, but it is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
7) Canceling the purchase of paid G-Coin is applied with Article 17 (Cancellation of the purchase) and Article 18 (Effects of cancelling the purchase, etc.) of the Terms and Conditions. Payments made with bonus G-Coin cannot be canceled. In the case of products purchased with paid or bonus G-Coin, if it has not been used, users can cancel the purchase within 14 days. However, there may be limitation on canceling the purchase if the user falls under one of the following items.
① If a user’s account is banned in violation of the applicable laws and the company’s Terms and Conditions such as the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct with illegal acts that have a severe impact on gameplay
② If the company’s Terms and Conditions such as Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct or an applicable purchase condition states it is non-refundable
③ If the G-Coin is given as a reward for participating in an event or a prize of an event
8) If a user forges, falsifies, steals or illegally obtains or uses G-Coin, the user will be penalized.
Effective date = November 18, 2020