Effective Date: 25th of May 2018
1. Personal Information Collected From Users
The Company generally collects or receives personal information in three ways.
1) Collecting personal information directly from users
You may provide us with the following information when playing the Game or visiting the company’s website.
- Email address, name and in-game character name (nickname) to use customer service and/or Forum features.
- Email address, name, date of birth, country of residence, and in-game character name (nickname) to apply for participation in the event, tournament and other events held by the Company.
- Character nickname can be collected by the company when creating a character in-game.
2) Collecting personal information automatically from users
When users visit the website, the Company may automatically collect the following information. (The Company will not use the following information as a personal identifier but will generally use to resolve technical problems and to improve quality of the server.)
- IP Address
3) Collecting personal information from the third party.
The company offers the Game service through STEAM ™ Platform, provided by Valve Corporation. The Company collects the following personal information from Valve Corporation to identify individual users as an encrypted form.
- STEAM™ ID 64bit
Personal information may also be required to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide Service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
2. Non Personal Information Collected From Users
The Company may collect following non-personal information when playing the Game.
(Non-personal information means information that cannot be used to identify a specific user.)
• User statistics collected from the game service. (e.g. Number of games played, Kill/Death, headshot ratio, game playtime, etc.) Users can check these information through built-in feature in the game.
• Information about your computer, device, hardware and operating system.
3. Information Collected From Third Parties
Steam Connect; PUBG allows you to sign up and log in using your Steam account. If you sign up using Steam, Steam will ask your permission to share certain information from your Steam account with PUBG. This includes your Steam name and email address.
Facebook Connect; PUBG allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with PUBG. This includes your Facebook name and email address.
4. Cookie And Related Technologies.
Most Internet browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. You should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Site may not function properly.
We also maintain log files which contain Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. An IP address is a numeric address that is assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. We use log files to monitor traffic on the Site, to report information to our advertisers and to troubleshoot technical problems. In the event of user abuse of the Site, we may block certain IP addresses. IP addresses may be used to personally identify you in order to enforce our Terms of Service and any applicable end user license agreement.
More specifically, PUBG may use the following advertising functions of Google® Analytics and collect personal information as provided by Google®, and you may withdraw your consent by deactivating such functions in Google®’s advertising settings: Remarketing by using Google® Analytics; Google® Display Network Exposure Report; Google® Analytics Demographics and interests Report; and Integrated service allowing the collection of data through Google® Analytics by using advertising cookies and anonymous IDs.
5. How Information Collected Becomes in Use
The company collects personal information to provide the Service to users and to improve quality of the Service. The Company may share personal information with third parties if sharing personal information is necessary in terms of providing the Service.
In the majority of cases, processing of your personal information will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide Service and customer support to you.
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. One of our legitimate interests are to use website user and visitor data to conduct and develop our Service and business activities with them. We may also analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our Service, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation: For example, we may process your personal information to comply with applicable accounting rules which require keeping accounting records and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
1) Use of personal information collected in the Game
The Company may collect personal information in order to provide the service and to improve quality of the service. These include:
- Provide customer support by collecting and answering inquiries.
- Provide forum service on the website
- Solve technical problem and improve quality of the service.
- Identification of individual users to provide the game service
- Technical protection against usage of unauthorized programs.
2) Use of non-personal information collected in the Game.
The Company may use and collect non-personal information to provide and improve the service and may share non-personal information third parties if necessary. The Company reserves the right to process non-personal information collected from users. These include:
- Tracking usage patterns and analyzing trends of users
- Technical protection against unauthorized program usage
- Preventing inappropriate gameplay that could harm other users
- Technical problem resolution and improved server quality.
- Searching user statistics and provision of leaderboard.
- Sharing game data with third parties may include statistical information about user’s gameplay, which are provided by the Company through APIs (e.g. duration and number of games played, kill/death, headshot ratio, etc)
3) Use of non-personal information from the Site
When you use the Site, we may retrieve information about your hardware system and how our services are used, including your IP address. We use this information to enable you to use the services offered through the Site over the Internet. We also use this information to better understand the behavior and preferences of our customers, so that we can improve our products and services.
The Personal Information collected from you will be used to operate the Site and to provide the products or services or carry out the transactions you have requested or authorized.
In support of these uses, PUBG may use Personal Information to provide you with more effective service, to improve the Site and any related PUBG products or services, and to make the Site easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information. In order to offer you a more consistent experience in your interactions with PUBG, information collected by the Site may be combined with information collected by PUBG from other sources.
We may merge Site-visitation data with demographic information, and we may use this information to provide more relevant content. We may combine Site-visitation data with your Personal Information in order to provide you with personalized content.
PUBG may hire other companies to provide products or services on our behalf, and we may provide such companies with Personal Information to help them perform their duties.
Under the requirements of most applicable data protection laws, PUBG may disclose Personal Information to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on PUBG; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of PUBG or its affiliates; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of PUBG employees or agents, users of PUBG products or services, or members of the public.
You will be deemed to have consented to the disclosure to, and use by, a subsequent owner or operator of the Site, of any Personal Information contained in our database for such site, if PUBG or one of its companies assigns all of its rights and obligations regarding the use of your Personal Information at the time of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of PUBG’s assets to a subsequent owner or operator, or similar event under the most applicable data protection laws.
Please do not use your real name or the real name of another person when selecting a username. Please note that your username will be available to the Internet’s general public while you participate in some services, like message boards or forums, so you should exercise discretion when using these services. We are not responsible for protecting such information that you may disclose to third parties through our services.
4) Sharing personal information to Third Parties
Whilst specific requirements of data protection law vary depending on applicable national laws, the Company may give permission to third parties, including service providers which process personal information on behalf of the Company to provide customer support and to manage community. Examples of these third parties include:
- other users (for example, when you voluntarily disclose information on the service); ∙ our business partners (for example, in order for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you); ∙ customer service providers to provide customer support service;
- cloud computing service providers to provide cloud storage services; ∙ payment service providers to assist with payment for transactions or providing withdrawing service for sellers; and ∙ marketing platforms and providers of analytics services relating to users’ behavior, in order to tailor the Service.
If the company chooses to allow third party to process personal information, third party vendor will process personal information only to the extent that is necessary to perform the services requested by the company.
The following companies may process some or all personal information collected by the Company.
- Company: Metanet MCC Co., Ltd.
- Purpose: Provision of customer support
- Retention period: After processing user’s inquiry or outsourcing contract is expired or terminated.
- Company name: Goodbay Technologies, Inc
- Purpose: Provision of customer support
- Retention period: After processing user’s inquiry or outsourcing contract is expired or terminated.
- Company: BattlEye Innovations e.K.
- Purpose: Detection and restriction of hacking tool and unauthorized program usage.
- Retention Period: Outsourcing contract is expired or terminated.
6. Personal Information Retention and Removal
In principle, the Company will remove your personal information without any delay after the purpose of collecting personal information is achieved. Personal information stored as hard copy will be shredded or incinerated, and personal information stored as soft copy will be removed using a technical measures in a way that cannot be reproduced. However, the following information can be stored.
- Game character name (nickname), IP address, STEAM ™ ID 64bit: Until STEAM ™ membership termination or game refund
- Records of customer support or dispute resolution: 3 years
- Record of fraudulent user’s duplicate membership: 5 years
7. Children Under The Age Of 13.
Because the Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, we prohibit registration to persons under age 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not create an account on the Site. We will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any Personal Information from children under the age of 13.
8. Children Between The Ages Of 13 And 18.
9. Links And Third Party Services.
10. Security Of Personal Information.
PUBG follows generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on the Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
11. Other Agreements That Govern Your Use Of The Site.
12. Your Rights.
13. Your Choices
- You can either choose to remove or to stop process of personal information at any time. If you wish to remove or stop process of your personal information, please contact us in writing or through e-mail.
- You may visit the Company’s website without providing any personal information. If you do not agree to provide personal information, the company may not be able to provide you with the game services, customer support, or Forum related services.
14. How We Protect Information Collected
The Company is committed to provide physical, technical and administrative safeguards with the personal information collected to ensure that your personal information is not lost, stolen, exposed, altered or damaged. However, it is difficult to guarantee complete protection of all information. Hence, you should acknowledge that complete protection of personal information cannot be guaranteed if you choose to use our services.